Conjuring a little help

We've all had to do it. You may have hated it, but looking back on it after it was done you probably realized that it was the smart thing to do.

Conjuring a little help.
You're in the middle of a project. Maybe it's work, maybe it's around the house, but you run into a trouble spot and after wracking your brain for hours you finally decide to ask for some help. It's hard, I know, I always feel terrible at first. You get that feeling that you should be smarter, better. That this shouldn't defeat you. You know what you're doing, why can't you do it this time?

Let me ask you a question. Has anyone ever asked you for help? When they did, did you feel that they weren't worthy of the help? That they were somehow less than the person you thought they were? Or did you just think, "Cool, let's fix the problem and have a cocktail." Then, afterward, felt better not only about yourself, but the person you were helping. I'm betting you did.

Good. That's the way you're supposed to feel. You, or someone you know, conjures up a little help, the project moves forward and everyone feels better for having contributed.

Do you ever wonder why politicians can't seem to understand this simple premise?

I do. Every time I turn on the news I am reminded that I voted for some people, and others voted for some other people, that we all thought were smarter than us, to go to work fixing the problems we're all facing and not one of them seems to get it.

Now, I don't have a PhD, an MBA or even a college degree. I still sometimes try and open my front door with my car key, which let's me know that I am not the brightest Crayola in our little box. That said, it seems to me that if I was given the job of fixing things with a whole host of other really smart people I might, just might, sit down with those people and work together to fix whatever the problems are, not just choose up sides and argue with each other till recess. The $#%^&*er's all act like small children, nothing ever gets done and we keep voting for them.

But, what are you gonna do?

Me, I'm gonna drive my house around the block a few times and then I'm gonna figure out how to conjure up a few demons to see if they can give us a hand. Let me know what you come up with.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts