Gone Fishing

Just a quick pen sketch tonight. I had the idea of a large battle scene, but ran out of time. I've got to learn to start drawing these images earlier in the evening. Maybe the late afternoon.

I had trouble starting today, I think, because I was a little wound up from dealing with other customers shopping at Costco, looking for parking downtown, and driving through traffic past the Elton John/Billy Joel Concert.

Question: When one traffic safety genius is yelling at you through the passenger window to,
"Move your stupid car!" and the other traffic safety genius is standing in front of your car with their hand held up motioning you to stop who do you listen to? Who is in charge? Do you run one over in deference to the other?

I do know that the answer that gets the least response is,"Where would you like me to go you @#$%^&* genius?"

Anyway, breathe deep, easy.....there.

Now, let's begin again shall we? Fishing. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Unless, of course, he dislikes seafood, then you've just given him a hobby. Either way, nice job.

I don't fish myself. I have, but I found it a little boring. I enjoyed the drinking, but all that extra work of casting and reeling, baiting or tying on a lure, just kept getting in the way. My sister fishes and I have friends who seem to enjoy it. Many of them travel deep into the woods or the Everglades or wherever fish tend to hide. They spend days communing with nature and enjoying the solitude of life away from the hectic grind. It sounds quite peaceful really.

Maybe I'll recommend it to the traffic safety people.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts