Midnight kiss

Well now, here's one for the ladies. It's late at night and he must have made an unwanted pass. Too bad for him as his blood oozes from his jugular.



We've all been there, without the throat slitting of course, but we've all been there. I know that I have often overstepped my bounds whether it be during a some nighttime encounter, at work or even somewhere as casual as the dog park. You say or do something that someone immediately takes offense to. Oops, what's your next move?

Almost every day there is an occasion where we can over step our boundaries. We don't think we're doing anything wrong, we may just be offering to help, or asking someone a question that we believe to be harmless, but they believe to be inappropriate. It happens. Ever ask if the pregnant lady needs a seat on the bus only to find out she's just fat? Ouch. Been there. Done that.

What do you do when that happens? How do you smooth over something that you didn't think was wrong, but was perceived as horribly offensive? It's tough. Sometimes there's no coming back. You just smile and run as fast as you can. I know I'm not good at it. I have always seemed to have an offensive sense of humor.Political correctness must have passed me by in high school as fast as geometry, English literature and all those pretty girls.

Oops, was that politically incorrect?

Cheers!

Comments

  1. Mike,
    love your work!!!!! I try to check up on you every day. Your writing is as good as your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike, I appreciate the compliment. I'll try to keep it interesting as time goes by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts