Uh oh!


A slightly more finished piece than the last couple, I hope you like it.

I have been adding water to my images in the the last few days. I can't figure out whether it's a subconscious thought about sexuality and cleansing of the soul or a subconscious belief that many dangerous things are hiding just below the surface. Me? I'm more of a landlocked person until sharks and crocodiles can find better things to do with their time besides eat human beings.

That is my biggest fear. To be eaten by another being.

I remember the first time I saw "Jaws" I didn't swim in the ocean for the rest of the summer. All I could think about was some giant animal with huge sharp teeth coming out of the depths to swallow me, not whole, but bit by crushing bit.

Lately, I have been thinking about that a lot. Not the huge terrifying animal, but what lies beneath the surface of my world. What is lingering out there looking to swallow me whole (or bit by crushing bit)? What is it that is out there looking to tear me apart? And why am I afraid?

Maybe it's just stress nagging at my brain, but then again, maybe just maybe there is something beneath the surface waiting. Patiently waiting for me to make a wrong move. A move that will give it the opening it needs to strike.

I know it sounds creepy, but don't you feel that way sometimes? Don't you think to yourself, every now and then, that maybe, just maybe, something or someone is out there looking for you? Ready to strike and crush you between their teeth.

More on that with tomorrow's image.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts