Busy Weekend

Work, work, work, work. Well, if you enjoy your job it doesn't seem so bad, does it?




Speaking of work, I went to work with my wife this weekend and learned how to dye yarn. If you didn't know, my wife owns a small hand-dyed yarn company that produces yarn for knitters and people who crochet. It's called Lorna's Laces. If you see it in a store pick some up for a friend or loved one. Maybe you'll get a skein that I dyed!

She had some extra work to do this weekend and since the advertising business is bleak at best these days, I asked her if I could help her out in some way. She needed help dying yarn and I figured I could add a new skill to my repertoire (if you know any advertising agencies or clients that need a hand-dyer let me know). She didn't have me doing anything overly complex, just solid colors, but it was fun to work with her and learning new things is supposed to be good for me. One night this week I may learn how to do multi-colored yarns. Slow me down!

It was good for me. I had a great time and I think she appreciated it as well. It reminded me of when she first got into the business. We spent many late nights and weekends there those first few years.

A lot of people we know were working this weekend. It's something we all seem to be doing more of these days. It feels good to accomplish things, but it can become taxing, so if you're doing it make sure you take some time for yourself anyway. You don't want to burn out. Burn out is not fun.

Two flags!

(If you live near a Six Flags Theme Park you'll get that joke.)

Just noticed on Facebook that my friend Brian of the blog Influence People is going to Italy for a seminar. I am suddenly jealous.

I love Italy and really want to get back. If you've never been I cannot tell you how much you should go. It is a beautiful country. The food, wine and people are just wonderful and the art and architecture is nothing short of amazing.

I will say that I also want to go to Prague. I was having dinner with some friends last night and they said Prague was just amazing. Everyone I know who has been there just falls in love with it.

Here I go, just worked hard for one weekend and already I'm thinking about a vacation.

Maybe I should check out the ad industry in Poland? Or Italy?

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts