No Trespassing

This one came out pretty nice. I found my old nib pens. I think I might ink this piece over the weekend. I have been looking at a lot of Norman Lindsay and Charles Dana Gibson (remember the Gibson girls?) this week and I have always loved drawing with ink pens. I'm excited. Yes, I know it's a nerdy kind of excitement.





Was reading in the paper today that having Barrack Obama speak to children in school is tantamount to indoctrination. Really? Do people hate this guy so much that as the leader of the free world he's not allowed to tell kids to stay in school and learn? Do we really think he's going to lace his speech with content that will have the little kiddies gaping open mouthed and spouting the party line?

Please, I've met children, while they may be "sponges" for information, but they're not as smart as every parent would like you to believe. Anyone out there know a paste eater? Ever seen a kid shove stuff in his nose, "'cause it seemed like the thing to do."? Trust me, they're gonna listen to Obama for the requisite ten minutes or so then go right back to devil worship and Harry Potter so everyone can just relax.

Speaking of devil worship, anyone know where I can find a goat?

Kidding. I'm not a devil worshipper so put down your pens. Although, in defense of devil worship, I saw The End of Days last night and that Gabriel Byrne makes a pretty good Satan. I liked The Usual Suspects better, but hey, at midnight a movie's a movie.

Ah, the fine sounds of tuck pointing. If you don't know what tuck pointing is then you don't live in a brick building. Tuck pointing is where workers grind out the mortar in between the bricks and refill it with new mortar. You have to do it every few years o any building to keep things solid. My building had it done, um let's see, 90 years ago! Which is why we're now having the entire building done. The joys of home ownership.

It's the Labor Day weekend so I hope I don't get too busy to draw and I am going to spend some time this weekend thinking about bigger topics for the next few weeks. We need a little brain food to keep this life interesting.

Don't drink and drive. Just find a pregnant lady to hang out with, they have to stay sober.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts