Out for a stroll

"Don't go alone. Go with a friend"--Jay Ryan

Just a few guys out for a walk. A little more abstract, but kind of fun.




It's September 11 and I would be remiss if I didn't at least mention it in some way. I won't dwell, but I did take a few minutes this morning to remember where I was and to think about all of the brave people that lost their lives that day. I also remember how that day brought a lot of us, and people from other countries together. I'm not going to go into what happened afterward because I want to remember the good that came out of that horrific morning. I hope you do too.

Moving on, I must say I had a great dinner tonight with some friends we haven't seen in a while. Our friends Neal and Mark invited us up to their house for a meal and a tour around their newly renovated home--it is beautiful. I also scored an old sink they were throwing away that Beth and I think would work perfectly in our small bathroom. Now I just need to install it. Neal and I also spent an inordinate amount of time discussing the benefits of the Kitchen Aid versus the Cuisinart. Good times.

I like to start and finish handy work around the house. It's all the work in the middle that I usually procrastinate on. I just finished a small TV stand for our family room. It only took me 5 short years to design it, buy the wood and put it together. It breaks down as 4 years and 325 days of planning and 3 days to put it all together. For the sink I have a goal of getting it installed in less than two years. I'll keep you updated as I move through the planning.

Alrighty then, it's late on Friday and I'm going to cut this short as I usually do on the weekends.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts