Where's my helmet?

Oops, seems our boy here has lost his helmet and could soon lose much more.



Reminds me of how I've felt during some meetings.

You know the ones. You're on the ropes, no one likes anything you've created, no ones backing you up and you can feel the edge of the sword coming for the back of your neck. Will Caesar give the thumbs down? Eek!

But then there are cases when this is happening and, as the enemy comes up behind you, you strike out with one last gasp...and win the day! Okay, maybe not the day, but you convince them to take the work to the next level.

And that's all you need is one more shot.

I got the new issue of Communication Arts Magazine today. It's the photography annual. It is beautiful. I love the new paper stock they're using for the cover and the photography is, as always, phenomenal. Congratulations to everyone in the issue, nicely done.

I love looking through award annuals. You see all of the best work in the world and it always makes me want to be a better creative. It gives me the hope that the next ad will be that good. I just love that feeling.

I have a meeting with a client tomorrow and hopefully I will convince them to try something new, to reach for that brass ring, to have their Caesar give the thumbs up. That would be a good feeling.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts