Quick sketch

Well, I barely got that done and I'm sober.


Ever have one of those days where nothing, and I do mean nothing, creative is going on in your head. Whether it's filled with bees, or you just can't keep a thought in it for long? It is hard.

I spent the evening, after cooking a fun dinner, trying to think of an image. I sketched and did thumbnails, but nothing was coalescing in my minds eye. On days like this it's time to recharge. I need to go to the library and pick up a book or something.

Sad news about Patrick Swayze. Not that we were good friends or that I loved his movies or anything, but you do have to be touched when anyone dies in such a horrible manner. Cancer is, and I don't think anyone will disagree with me here, a terrible thing. I'm sure we all know someone who has either won or lost a battle with cancer, but these days it seems like more and more people I know are losing. It's tough. My thoughts go out to his family.

In other news, the Daily Show is back from vacation. now I can start getting my news again from the properly irreverent people who actually tell you the truth about what's going on in the world and summer is officially over. I can tell because today it was hotter than it's been in a long while and that signals the fall in Chicago. Someday we'll get our seasons straight. Maybe before we get the Olympics in 2016. I'm sure the athletes would prefer the blistering heat of a real Chicago summer when running around a track at the speed of Usain Bolt.

Not that anyone will be running that fast. That guy is amazing.

Moving on, did you ever get a note from your state saying they were going to take action against you because you overpaid your taxes? I tend to get these every fall. Apparently the state of Illinois doesn't like to have extra money on hand and they blame me. Man, I can't wait to win the lottery and take all kinds of money out of their coffers. That would teach'em.

Someday, someday.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts