Every now and then you step into or create a situation that pits you against someone you love and respect. You think you're heading down the same road in a conversation and then a turn comes and you find yourselves at odds.

It sucks doesn't it?




It's nothing more than a discussion, but then one person (usually me, okay always me) pops off with something that sounds condescending or demeaning. You're not sure what to do and the discussi0n deteriorates. Bad news all around. The end to a wonderful evening.

How do you get back from that? Me? I apologize and hope to discuss what happened and why. Understanding why an argument started is the first step in making sure a relationship succeeds.

As for tonight's picture, the subconscious meaning could be related to me feeling the mounting pressure of a daily blog looming all around me. At times, I feel as if this whole project is going to swallow me whole. That and some serious pain in my leg has made me less understanding and cordial in the last few days. It may have also played a role in making me act like a prick in the first place. Okay, truth be told, I really am a prick and was just trying to add subtext.

Well, tomorrow I know I will find my way out of this maze and back to reality. I hope my friend(s) can forgive me for being a self-centered jerk and (I hope) I will try (once more) not to be the same self-centered idiot that always starts this problem in the first place.

Careful! Watch out for those tentacles!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts