Get out of my pond

Ouch. What a setback. Just as your running through the water some numbnut decides it's time for archery practice.




Well, what a day. 49 images done and only 51 left to go. Almost over the hump.

Today, or rather last night Ted Kennedy died. Sad. Not that I was a huge fan or knew him or anything, but he was a pretty famous and at times infamous person. He was and is a part of history.

Amazing that, being a part of history. Most of us will go about our quiet lives only known to very few people. We will have no real, lasting impact on the planet or be written about in history books. That's gotta be a kick. To actually know that people will write about or study your life in some history class in the future. To be someone like Ted Kennedy or Barrack Obama, man, that would be pretty cool.

Although, I would not want them to mention anything that I did before today. It could be embarrassing. Of course, tomorrow I could do something stupid and I wouldn't want that discussed. Maybe staying out of the history books is more my style. Let my idiocies rest where they are in the past.

Then again there's FaceBook. Dammit!

Why is it that everyone wants to remember the dumb things you did as a drunken twenty year old. No one ever posts a picture of you at twenty three helping some woman with her groceries or at twenty eight leading a blind man across the street. It's always a picture of you half naked with a beer looking like an @$$ with a caption like, "Remember this? Wow, you were funny!"

No, I wasn't. I was drunk and in a stupid bid to impress whatever girls happened to be around that was the best I came up with. You know, it's remembering times like that that make me happy not to be someone trying to make history.

Can you imagine someone writing a dissertation on how you acting like and @$$ may have affected world peace? Hunger? Reality TV? And then some college professor calling you up and saying, "Hey, we know you helped solve all the world's problems, but we have footage of you in a push up bra singing torch songs and vomiting. Would you care to come to Yale and explain how that helped you shape the future?" Yikes!

I don't need that kind of pressure. No, I'll write my little bits, create my little ads and hopefully pass into anonymity with 99.9% of the rest of the world content in the fact that I made a few people laugh and my family loved me (okay, liked me or at least I think they did, or do).

Ugh, let's just forget today too.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts