For those of you who read yesterday's post you'll be happy to know I didn't watch the news tonight. Instead I had a peaceful evening with my dog, drawing little pictures and watching Die Hard for the 3457th time. I think that Bruce Willis could really be somebody someday.




Tonight our barbarian and a female companion are moving through a forest. Navigating the unknown as it were. We've all been there at one time or another. Not in the forest per se, but navigating through unknown territory. Feeling our way through the darkness as we attempt to get from one place to the next.

Be it going to a new school, driving to or vacationing in another city or town or even one's first kiss, navigating through unknown territories is what makes life worth living. Discovering a new way to see or do something gives you that little jolt doesn't it? It tickles you in a way you might not even realize.

I love to discover new things. Some new things I can do without, but the actual uncovering of them is what triggers my excitement. It can be scary, but as the situation unfolds before me, I believe my enjoyment increases.

What is around that next bend? What hides behind that tree? Where did I leave my shoes last night? Questions like these will always pop up to delight and confound us, or at least me.

I thought I started this blog as a way to communicate what I was feeling and thinking, but I have found as I go on that I am excited each night by what I am discovering about myself and my abilities as an artist and writer. As I discuss the pieces that I am drawing and try to find parallels in the real world to try and be of some help, I find that I am gaining insights into my own way of thinking about myself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's new territory for me, looking inward, and I kind of like what I am discovering. I hope you do too.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts